BEA attaches great importance to its strategic presence in the Greater Bay Area, and is honoured to be one of the first Hong Kong banks to launch Cross-Boundary Wealth Management Connect (Southbound).
Why join BEA Wealth Management Connect?
- No need to cross the boundary to open an account. Simply make an appointment through your mobile and open an account from one of our BEA China branches in the mainland.
- Wide variety of products on offer (funds and CNY, HKD, foreign currency deposits)
- Our professional financial advisors and dedicated relationship managers provide comprehensive financial solutions and personalised services to meet your cross-boundary financial needs.
Cross boundaries, explore unbound opportunities in the Greater Bay Area, and enjoy exclusive privileges for cross-border customers. Click here to learn more.
Yes it's free. Just visit any of our designated BEA branches in Hong Kong or mainland China to open an investment and transfer account for free.
No, you can only open a WMC account as an individual. There are no joint WMC accounts or WMC accounts for corporate clients. Similarly, third parties cannot be authorised to operate your account on your behalf.
No, each investor can only hold one WMC account at a time. If you already hold a WMC account, you must first terminate it before you can open a new one.
- Assessed by BEA as not being a vulnerable customer;
- Has full capacity for civil conduct;
- Valid household registration in any of the 9 GBA cities in mainland China or can provide at least 5 years’ payment record of social security or personal tax in any of those cities;
- Has at least 2 years’ investment experience and has owned at least RMB 1 million of net household financial assets in the past 3 months; or held at least RMB 2 million of household financial assets in the past 3 months;
- Is investing in his/her personal capacity, not as joint-name or corporate customer, and has not authorised any third party to operate the account;
- Holder of an identity document valid for 2 months or more, i.e. has a valid Entry-exit Permit for Travelling to or from Hong Kong and Macau, or a valid PRC passport; and
- Has no WMC dedicated remittance and investment accounts with other banks or financial institutions
Eligible Wealth Management Products provided by BEA:
- Funds domiciled in Hong Kong and authorised by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong, which are assessed as "non-complex" and "low risk" to "medium risk" by BEA (excluding products listed and traded on the Hong Kong Exchanges and through Clearing Limited).
- CNY, HKD, and foreign currency deposits.
Download BEA Flash to open your account now!
Download BEA Flash