- I declare that I am the holder of the bank account as specified for receiving payment in this registration.
- I have read and fully understand the content of the following "Personal Information Collection Statement".
Personal Information Collection Statement
How we use your Data
Your information and personal data provided in this registration, your personal data kept by The Bank of East Asia, Limited ("the Bank"), namely, your name, Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card ("HKPIC") number, bank account number, and contact information, and other information that may be provided by you in relation to the Cash Payout Scheme (collectively referred to as "the Data") will be used for the purpose of:
The purposes mentioned above are collectively referred to as "Purposes"; and the Cash Payout Scheme and Other Schemes are collectively referred to as "Such Schemes".
- effecting cash handouts under the Cash Payout Scheme; and
- effecting cash/non-cash handouts/refunds (if any) under schemes administered by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government ("the Government") in future that are aimed at, amongst other things, encouraging local consumption, relieving people’s financial burden, and/or returning wealth to the people ("Other Schemes").
The Data will be used:
It is voluntary for you to supply the data required by this registration. If you fail to supply any of the data required by this registration, your registration (if any) under Such Schemes may not be processed or you may not receive the handouts/refunds under Such Schemes.
- to process your registration (if applicable) of and to administer the handouts/refunds under Such Schemes (including but not limited to the process(es) referred to in (ii) and (iii) below);
- to communicate with you on matters relating to the Purposes, including but not limited to sending SMS notifications, issuing written notifications and effecting handouts/refunds to you;
- to conduct matching between the Data and the personal data held by the Government to check your eligibility under Such Schemes;
- for statistics purposes on the condition that the resulting statistics will not be made available in a form which will identify individual registrants (i.e. the data subjects); and
- for any other purposes as may be required, authorised or permitted by law.
Transfer and/or Disclosure of the Data
Data Access Requests
- The Data will be transferred to and used by relevant bureaux and departments of the Government including but not limited to the Treasury, Office of the Government Chief Information Officer, Immigration Department, Hongkong Post and Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau ("the relevant bureaux and departments"), the Bank, as well as their agents/contractors operating in or outside Hong Kong, for the Purposes; and
- The Data will be disclosed to agencies which are authorised to receive information relating to law enforcement, prosecution or review of the decisions regarding your eligibility under Such Schemes.
- You have the right to request for access to and correction of the personal data provided in this registration under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486) ("the Ordinance"), subject to any relevant exemption(s);
- Please note that a data access request shall or may be refused in the circumstances specified in section 20 of the Ordinance; and
- Your requests or enquiries should be made by any one of the following means: (a) by email to email@example.com; (b) by fax to 3106 0701; or (c) by post to GPO Box 180000, Hong Kong.
- I hereby authorise and consent to the Bank and its agents/contractors operating in or outside Hong Kong using my personal data in their possession including my name, HKPIC number, bank account number and contact information; and releasing such information to the relevant bureaux and departments, including their agents/contractors, to process my registration (if any) and/or arrange for handouts/refunds under Such Schemes and for matters relating to the Purposes.
- I also consent to the use of the Data for any checking and/or investigation relating to my registration (if any) and receipt of handouts/refunds under Such Schemes to be carried out by the relevant bureaux and departments, including their agents/contractors, and that they may disclose the Data to any other parties if the disclosure is necessary for such checking and/or investigation.
- I also consent to the matching of the Data with my personal data held by the relevant bureaux and departments and/or their agents/contractors, including but not limited to my personal data kept under the Registration of Persons Ordinance (Cap 177) by the Immigration Department, in relation to my registration (if any) and receipt of handouts/refunds under Such Schemes. I understand that the matching procedure is conducted for ascertaining whether I am eligible under Such Schemes or not, and therefore I will not receive handouts/refunds under Such Schemes in case I am ineligible.
- I agree and undertake to notify the Government forthwith of any overpayment or any payment or refund by mistake to me under Such Schemes and to repay or refund the same to the Government. I hereby authorise the Bank to debit my bank account as specified for receiving payment in this registration with such amount certified by the Government as overpayment or payment or refund by mistake.
- I declare that the information and personal data provided in this registration is true and correct. I understand that if I knowingly or wilfully make any false statement, withhold any information, or otherwise mislead the Government for the purpose of obtaining handouts/refunds under Such Schemes, I will be liable for prosecution.